News Blog

Suspect caught after shootings in Maryland and Delaware


Suspect caught after shootings in Maryland and Delaware

Image copyright Police handout
Image caption Radee Labeeb Prince, 37

A man suspected of shooting dead three people and injuring three others in the US states of Maryland and Delaware has been caught, police say.

Radee Labeeb Prince was arrested in Delaware after a manhunt.

The shootings began on Wednesday morning at a countertop business near the city of Baltimore, officials say.

Mr Prince, 37, reportedly worked as a machine operator at the firm. Police say he later drove to Delaware and shot a man at a used-car dealership.

The shooting rampage triggered a huge manhunt in the area, with two helicopters being deployed.

Local schools and the set of the Netflix series House of Cards, which is about a mile away, were placed on lockdown as police searched the area.

'Workplace violence incident'

Three people died in the shooting at the Emmorton Business Park near Baltimore.

Two other victims were left critically injured and are in hospital with gunshot wounds to the head, said Maryland Governor Larry Hogan.

Investigators are treating the first shooting as a workplace violence incident, according to Dave Fitz, a spokesman for the Baltimore FBI field office.

Mr Prince is also suspected of shooting a sixth person, more than 50 miles (80km) away, at the second-hand car business in Wilmington, Delaware, police told NBC Philadelphia.

A man at the car dealership was shot three times, the network reports, and has been transported to hospital.

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said all five victims in Maryland were employees of the Edgewood business, Advanced Granite Solutions, but none of the victims have been identified.

"This does appear to be a targeted attack, limited to that business," the sheriff said, adding that the victims were apparently shot with a handgun.

Advanced Granite Solutions owner Barak Caba told the AP news agency the suspect had been employed with the company for four months.

It is not clear if he was still working there at the time of the shooting.

Source –

Leave a Comment